What is the age difference between your children and do you like the age gap?

BraythansMom

Asked by BraythansMom at 11:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My boys are currently 2 1/2, 1 1/2, and 6 months. My oldest two are a year apart, exactly to the day, the second and third are about 13 months apart. It's been overwhelming at times, but overall I like having them this close together =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My kids are 12 months and almost 3 years. There is 3 weeks between their birthdays! I like the gap bt them...HOWEVER...we are waiting until our baby is 2 before even considering having another one because the 2 of them are plenty for now!! =o) I see now why kids in my family are grouped into 2's (2 really close and then a gap of 3-4 years and then 2 really close...)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• 10 months 2 weeks apart They are the same age for almost a month :) I love the gap and they get along great. They play well together, our new edition will be two years apart but not sure since he isn't born just waiting til he arrives and then we will know dates.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My boys are 8 1/2 years apart, DS#1 is now 11 and DS#2is 2 1/2. We didn't think we could have another and then surprise! I love the age difference. The older one really helps with the younger one. Oh, my sister and I are 10 years apart and we are closer than ever and our children now play together.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 11:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my daughters are three years apart, and my daughter and son will now be three years apart as well. I really like the gap, i think they are old enough to not be "babies" but still young enough to relate to each other still. I also wouldn't personally want two children in diapers at once.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 11:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My older two are 14 months apart... My youngest two will be 3 years and 5 months apart...

I would have preferred have MUCH MUCH more time between the first two... And frankly, more time between the last two... I think kids are best with at least 4 or 5 years between them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have 5 kids.  There are 15 months, 13 months, 3 1/2 years and 4 years between them.  I preferred the 1 year gaps between the older 3.  It was rough at first after the 3rd was born but after that it wasn't too bad.  Having older kids in school and a baby sucks.  I feel like I'm being pulled in a million different directions and the baby throws a fit every day right when the kids get home and need help with their homework and I'm trying to cook dinner.  It's crazy around here.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i have three,they are in their 20"s now..but,they have went through everything together,and now they are taking college classes now,so,it actually helps them alot. when they were growing up also. they had a playmate always,my son even got dressed up a few times being the middle chlld,but,being so close in age ,i thnk,is great!
    jewp

Answer by jewp at 12:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My oldest is 6 yrs, middle is 4 yrs (23 mos apart) and youngest is 10 mos (5 1/2 yrs & 3 1/2 yrs apart). Love the age gap between my oldest two. You would almost thing they were twins sometime. So far not to much of a problem with the gap with the youngest. Don't know how much the older two will play with her as she gets older.
    BuckeyeTinyTots

Answer by BuckeyeTinyTots at 8:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• my dd will be 7 in Nov and my ds will be a year in Dec. I love the gap, my dd is awesome!
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 10:20 AM on Sep. 23, 2010