Advise for Culinary Arts School

So I am going to try and go back to school here in January enrolling in the Culinary Arts program - I love to cook and would love to open my own restaurant. I am soooooo nervous.....

My question is for anyone who has gone back to school - expecially culinary arts/bakery classes.....what do you know now you wished you knew before you started???? for the Culinary Majors - what skills should I work on before classes even start....??

GingerT

Asked by GingerT at 11:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• hey im doing the same thing, i just got a job at Lubys just to get my foot in the restaurant business because i have no clue on how to run a business, i love cooking and doing all the pasteries hopefully i too will start in Jan, thats crazy, sorry i haveno advice, im scared as hell!!! Gl.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Gl Gabby - Crazy to think we are starting the same type of degree at the same time! We will have to check in down the line and see how the other one is doing LOL!
    GingerT

Comment by GingerT (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2010