How do I walk away???????????????????????

So I have been married for a 14 years but we married younger and have grown apart, I love him for being the father of my children but that is it. I am no longer in love with him emotionally and I want to walk away there is no going back but I just don't know how to walk away. How to start over on my own any advice????????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• You're married, so you don't. You find a way to fall back in love. There is no abuse, no adultery, so you really have no reason to leave.

The happiness fairy doesn't just wander around smacking people in the head every six minutes to make them giddy, and Cupid is a myth. Being happy in a marriage takes work, a LOT of work, but it's very satisfying.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• tell him.
    dinaca81

Answer by dinaca81 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• There is a book called learning to leave that goes through the aspects of ending a marriage and what you need to do. However personally I think for the reason of just falling out of love isnt good enough for a divorce marriages go through phases especially one as long as yours. Good luck.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Go and see a therapist... Start taking care of your self and make sure this is what you want and need. I honestly don't suggest walking away. But the thing is that is not my place to tell you that. It is my place to tell you that the way to make a positive change in your life is one step at a time. One foot in front of the other. And talk to someone who is completely objective. Good luck honey.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think if your unhappy and you have tried all you can to make it work than you have all rights to walk away, marriage is hard and it takes alot of work but sometimes the work doesn't work and than you have no choice to walk away. good luck
    rebelchickrocks

Answer by rebelchickrocks at 12:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• A journey begins the 1st step. 1. Accept it 2. Be honest with yourself and your mate. 3. Don't future trip just keep doing the next thing- it is too overwhelming to worry or occupy your mind with all of it at once. 4. Stay logical and not emotional. 5. Be loving and kind, it will make everything easier. 6. Do not react to anything focus on your actions. 7. Get information- all that you can !! Know what you will have to deal with but let your attorney do the work. 8. Do not give negativity power, control your thoughts- there is no sense going through it with more pain than necessary. 9. Be realistic, it won't be the easiest thing to go through- expect some challenges and disagreements but do not let them control you. just be prepared and go through them. 10. Smile and laugh even when you don't feel like it. It will help you through it all. Feel free to add me as friend. Good luck :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:03 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• First step is telling ur husband these thoughts. Maybe u just need a change like going back to school or maybe ur just bored with ur life? Either way u just need to talk and see how u feel about one another. Maybe u need a vacation together for a few days.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Do you think that he feels the same way? Actions speak louder than words. If you are truly unhappy and feel like there is nothing you can do to help the situation, you're going to have to talk to him whether you like it or not. Who knows, he could be feeling the same way as you are. That way both of you can decide whether to go to counseling, or possibly separate. I do wish you luck.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Talk to your husband first. Does he feel the same way?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• " Being happy in a marriage takes work, a LOT of work, but it's very satisfying."

Hmm...well, she never said what the reason is for feeling this way, so we don't know why she stopped loving him. Also, the above statement is true...but you said being happy, and she's not. Therefore, not satisfying.

OP, get your stuff together - bills, papers, decide on where to live. If you know in your heart you both can't work it out, get to a lawyer for a divorce. Neither should be in an unhealthy or unhappy marriage for life just because others say you should be.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010