Really dumb question but...

Is there a way to reverse lactose intolerance. Up until like maybe a year ago I never had it. Then one day it was there. I'm a milk and ice cream lover. I think lactose free milk and other products are gross tasting. Any way to reverse this or any other suggestions. This is a serious question.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• I became lactose intolerant after I had my son ... if you find anything that works for you, please let me know! I, too, love milk and ice cream. =(
    MeghanPerez

Answer by MeghanPerez at 12:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Let me know too
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:07 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Me, three, please!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I guess we're all missing that ice cream. Lol. If I find something I will let you ladies know.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I used to be very intolerant of milk, etc. What worked for me was slowly introducing a bit at a time into my diet again. i used to just drink the Lact-aid milk for a few years.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I can't handle dairy products very well. Small amounts every once in a while doesn't affect me too bad. When I go overboard, I dearly pay for it. Have you tried the Lactaid pills?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Take a daily probiotic to rebalance the enzymes in your gut. There are enzymes specific to lactose.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If it is indeed lactose intolerance and not something else, you can take a daily enzyme supplement availble otc everywhere that will allow you to consume dairy products without the resulting effects you are currently experiencing. It does not however cause your body to start producing that enzyme again.some people need the supplement every time they consume a dairy product and some people just take it daily as a preventative. Either way, you may want to consider just omitting dairy completely from your diet and learing quickly which foods contain it. You would never want to be without the supplement in public and accidentally consume something, with no help available quickly or a nearby toilet. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010