HOW LONG WERE YOU HOMEBOUNDD AFTER HAVING YOUR BABY??

I HAVE A 2 WEEK OLD AND I FEEL LIKE IM GOIN STIR CRAZY, IVE BEEN IN THE HOUSE SINCE I GOT HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL.

king0913

Asked by king0913 at 12:16 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was out and about right away whenever I've had a new baby =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:18 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• about 2 weeks. my mom and sister started inviting me out to do stuff cuz they knew how it was to sit around in the house all day.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I WISH I HAD FAMILY THAT LIVED CLOSE, I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY HUSBAND TO GET HOME TO FEEL A LITTLE BIT BETTER
    king0913

Comment by king0913 (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• you should try to atleast go for a short walk every day. being inside too much will contribute to post partum depression.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Two weeks. BUT I wouldn't really have my baby surrounded by strangers as their immune system is still building up. I agree on going for walks with ur baby but make sure u have the stroller partially covered with a blanket so ur baby doesn't get sick/chills.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I wasn't homebound at all. We left the birth center and went home 6 hours after my son was born. I took him to see his pediatrician 48 hours later. We weren't constantly on the go or anything, but we were out as normal.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We went to Target for diapers and clothes the day we left the hospital (he was 2 1/2 days old).  After that we went out a couple times a week but it was so hot when he was born this summer that I didn't want to leave the house much.  It finally cooled off when he was like 2 weeks old and we went for a couple walks to enjoy the nice weather.

With all our kids we went out right away (to the store or out to eat) and were usually out a few times a week.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• the hospital made us stay for 3 days because it was my first baby but we went to church the day after we got out :)
    SavanaF.

Answer by SavanaF. at 1:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010