Lied to DH :(

we are ttc for 7 months now. this month i was very hopeful that i will concieve. i took a home preg test and it came negative..... well my period normally is due on the 18th every month. since i was upset, and didnt want to "do it" i told my DH on the night of 17th that i got my period thinking that it will come the next day. the prob is that i still didnt get it.... and its 20th...
is it possible that i am preg and i messed up with the test?
if not.... and i get my period in the next 1-2 2days... how do i explain my DH why my period lasted 10 days this month??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• You need to just tell him about it and hope he understands you were not trying to deceive him in any way.

Answer by louise2 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Just tell him you were spotting and thought it was your period... then it went away, then you got your period :)
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 11:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If you can't communicate to your husband something as simple as not wanting to try, perhaps you shouldn't be trying in the first place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• you need to fess up. no need to lie anymore about it. i would take another test... tomorrow morning right when you wake up. if you havent gotten it by then. just explain to him why you didnt want to... GL
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:30 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would tell him the truth. Just tell him you were depressed about the test, and what happened.... guys can be more understanding when it comes to sex than we all think.
    Jabrw0ke

Answer by Jabrw0ke at 12:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Your better hurry up and tell him. Hey, hormones do some weird and strange things to our bodies. So say that and give him a big smile and kiss. Good Luck and Congrats!
    chellenout

Answer by chellenout at 1:35 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• they dont realy keep track of stuff like we do he probably wont even notice - but tell him that you can spot between periods and that when you thought you started you realy didnt - and that keeping him uptodate on every circumstance wasnt realy something you thought you had to do.
    he will just blow it off - they dont understand the stuff that hapens w/our bodies.
    if you are pregnant - there is a truth to spotting even if your pregnant...
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008