SO is video game obsessive?

Does anyone else have an SO that is video game obsessive? I got home from work 5 hours ago and he was playing and still is. If your SO is... how do you deal with it? Personally I have been on CM trying to keep myself entertained but I really want to take the xbox and throw it across the room.

justduckie_mom

Asked by justduckie_mom at 12:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Dh has the following: Xbox, Xbox 360. PS3, PS2, and a PSP. Someone here shoot me LoL!!

Yes he can be obsessive, but I dont let it carry on like I used to. No one should feel jealous or left out because of a video game. Now I stand it front of the TV. He gets mad and says... " I didnt save" or " Just let me make it to this check point".... I say ok, then I sit on the floor and put my finger on the button to turn the console off. He knows he need to save or get to that checkpoint in 5 minutes because its going off! LoL. I can admit to the fact that I have broken game disks before. I've snapped them in 2. He gets it now. Family first, then the game. We've started buying more family friendly games so the kids can play with him. Its funny listening to all of them argue about how to get past a board LoooooL
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Haha. I did. It was the most frustrating thing ever! My husband is the type that wants to play the game completely through, get all the extras in every level. He even played a game that he had to stay up for 24 hours and keep his guy alive. No pausing. and he fell asleep the first time so he had to do it again the next day. We've had plenty of chats about it in the past few years and now he only plays when he gets up early and myself and our son is still sleeping. Hang in there.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Mine loves his video games, especially his 360 because I won't let him get a PS3, lol! We have it worked out to where if I tell him to turn it off, he turns it off right away, no questions asked, no waiting for him to get to a save-point or whatever. Simple as that!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Playing video games can be an addiction.......... just like alcohol, food, etc...... Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• He's an addict. Like any addict he needs to admit his problem and limit/quit all together the amount of time he plays. My DH has a PS2. We also have 2 year old twins, one boy, one girl. He has never traded time with our kids for time with his games and if he ever did I'd chuck his game system off the balcony. The only time I spend online is when our kids are asleep (and tonight I have to stay up and monitor both kids for different health issues...gaaaaaah sigh) and I know he plays his games mostly when I'm not around but thats fine with me. We only have 1 TV and I don't fancy sitting watching him play any of those games (unless he needs my help getting through a level of something...for some reason I have a talent for that).
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010