Is this because she's a GIRL???

That's what I keep hearing! She 's a girl that's the way they act! I have a beautiful daugter who will be 3 in December. She is such a sweetheart when SHE wants to be but when I NEED her to be, well let's just say the song "Looks like an Angel" was written with her in mind, "she is the devil in disguise!!!" I have 3 boys, and as many time as I've heard people say "no, kid is alike" I'd have to say my boys where and still are, calm and very well behaved. My daughter on the other hand, I prayed that one day I would have a girl, I ached for her!...Where did I go wrong? What did or didn't I do?She is wearing me thin! I know stay calm and talk to her calmly.... She is just exhausting! What do I do? How do I cope with this behavior? She doesn't act like this with her dad! She adores him! So tell me, is she acting like this because she is a girl?HELP and let's be real, don't tell me what the books say, what did you do?

mcme

Asked by mcme at 12:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is y I wanted a boy. She's a typical girl. Knows how to play her dad an wear out her mom :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No, that's not correct. Because she's a girl. Pshaw!

At three, give her specific consequences and rewards prior to an event you need her to behave for. For instance, if she's good there is ice cream, if she's bad, home to bed.

Also make sure she isn't over tired or hungry. I've noticed my own little monster is a real handful when she's hungry and having a good time. She won't stop playing to eat on her own.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Our niece is like that; she's four now. I also know little boys who are the same way. I think it's more of an age thing, and a personality thing. DD is a little younger than your daughter, and she is already like that. Plus, being the youngest may affect how she acts and is treated by different people as well. Environment and personality have more to do with behavior than gender :)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:38 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• my 3 yr old is very much a daddy's girl. she is so good for him. and with me she gets such an attitude and is destructive. i dont know if it is because she is a girl or just her personality. she is sweet most of the time but she can also be a little devil.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My son is wonderful but not all the time. He is having a listening problem that is driving me nuts. It all depends on if he wants to do what i say or not. Usually it has to do with dangerous things. He wants to jump out of the pack and play, climb on top the couch, tumble over the edge of the couch, pretty much everything that terrifies me. He knows better, I don't let him do anything like this he just likes pushing the boundaries and my buttons. He is so good most all the time but when he gets one of those ideas I have to be ready, act mad so he knows it's serious, it's hard.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 12:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well all kids are different but yes many girls act this way.

When I was pregnant it is why I wanted ALL boys! Well I have a boy and 2 girls..LOL My son is the oldest 7 he is calm always well behaved. He has his moments he is not perfect. Then there is my middle child whom is a typical girl. She was colicky and always testing me. She is much better with her dad than me and we even clash at times. I get frustrated and cry! She is 5 and in many ways she is better. She is creative and artistic and stubborn. I always look for new ways to work with her and spend time with her. Sometimes in all the chaos they just want to be loved and have special time. My youngest daughter age 2 seems in between. She is mostly calm and listens but she has a fight to her being the youngest she feels she must fight to get by...LOL

In the end I feel its trial and error because things that worked with my son did not work with my middle child!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't think boys or girls act a certain way just bc of their gender. I'm expecting a boy and keep hearing comments about rowdy out of hand boys. well i just don't believe this. You may just let her get away with too much sometimes. Every child has a different personality. I have a very calm, very well behaved daughter. I also have a very stubborn, dances to her own music daughter. My second daughter is well behaved as well, just takes a little more time. The good thing is, she's three and I can already tell she's her own person, not the type to follow other people or do what they want. (ex. peer pressure) look for the good in your daughters personality!! :) GL
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 12:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That's funny, I was just telling my husband that she is very pick and she has her mind set. I told him maybe that means she have HIGH STANDARDS when it comes to boyfriends! He hates hearing about boyfriends! : )
    mcme

Comment by mcme (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My daughters are like that. They still wear me thin. I have no solution for you except keep on trying your best.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Girls are different than boys, no matter what political correct nonsense you may hear.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 12:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010