Uhhh Help Please! adult content

So i have this red bump (actually more like 2 bumps, connected) on the fold between my leg and vagina. I have got this before, its just very painful, hurts a bit like a zit would hurt. It usually goes away in a few days. So, I got this, once again (Ive been meaning to get it checked out, no time!). Anyways, this time there is a redish purple discoloration, almost like a scab, but not exactly an its very smooth on that particular part. My biggest fear is its an std, but I checked WebMd and it said abscess or swollen Lymph node. Anyone else experience or hear of something like this

Morgs7531642

Asked by Morgs7531642 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• Iy sounds like it could possibly be a boil (furuncle- carbuncle if it's a few next to each other). They tend to occur in that region or anywhere you shave. Make sure you are always using a clean razor if your shaving there also try using antibacterial soap. A furuncle is essentially an infection. Especially if there is no real puss like you would get from a pimple (there's mostly just clear fluids) I would explore this before worrying about it being an STD. However, it's still in your best interested to have a doctor check it out. If it is a boil your options are kind of lance it yourself and drain it or have a doctor lance it and then drain it. If it is a carbuncle sometime applying heat to the area will help with the pain and discomfort. Antibacterial soap and clean razors are usually the best prevention.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 1:03 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• maybe heat bumps?? maybe ask your dr to be safe?? good luck.. hope its nothing serious!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Btw, its about the size of A nickel in diameter and about 1/3 of an inch raised
    Morgs7531642

Comment by Morgs7531642 (original poster) at 12:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't have an answer for you, but I hope someone does!!! I'll bump it for you though!!!

bump

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Maybe a cyst? I remember my mom had a cyst down there and it was about dime-nickel size.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 12:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Might be an infected hair that is very irritated, have you scratched at it or anything?? I'm not sure on this one, hopefully it's nothing bad, let me know if you find out anything.
    ManthaCole9406

Answer by ManthaCole9406 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I agree with -Cassandra here. I have had these most of my life from time to time, probably about 1 every year or two. Usually during periods of stress (whatever that means?!?). My Dr said it was nothing to get too worried about. Most likely a boil. These are pretty irritating for me until I lance it, and then it goes away pretty quickly.
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 1:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Now that you mention it, Im almost 100% sure its a boil. Thanks!
    Morgs7531642

Comment by Morgs7531642 (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010