iPhone or Droid?

So I really would like ONLY people who have used both phones to answer on this one bc I want experiences, not opinions on what you think if you've never used one or the other. (Not meaning to sound rude)

I have an iPhone right now but here lately AT&T has been HORRIBLE here where I live and we don't even have 3G service around here, but Verizon has 3G and working on 4G. Every time I call AT&T and ask what's up with their service the past 6 months they give me a different story or tell me I may need to buy a new phone. And I'm tired of people telling me they called when it dont show up, when I live in the middle of town and usually have 3-5 bars.

So I LOVE my iPhone BUT I hate AT&T and was thinkiing about going to Verizon and getting a Droid X bc that's the only 2 that we have around here. Has anybody used both phones before bc I'm wondering how different, worse, or better one phone is from the other.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• I was having da same ques b4 I got da iPhone. I had da G1 n chose to leave tmobile. Verizon service is waaaaaaay better than AT&T. I say put up w a dud droid for awesome service.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Okay, I may not quite fit the qualifications...I owned an iPhone and I have tooled around with a friend's Droid but that's about it. That said, I loved my iPhone but I would go back to Verizon in a HEARTBEAT before I ever dealt with AT&T again. AT&T was dreadful and I had the same problems that you mentioned - people saying they called me, but it never even showed up, etc. I have several friends who switched over to the Droid X from the iPhone and not one of them regrets it. They said the improved coverage is totally worth it, and the phones are just as satisfying. I hope that helps!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 12:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• See I'm afraid I'll miss my iPhone bc Im on it ALL the time. Guess I need to find someone who has a Droid that I can play around with and see if I like it. We pay $135 a month for mine and my husbands phone plan with AT&T, with the lowest amount of minutes, unlimited text and then my iPhone data crap and that's a lot for getting crappy service.
    misspriss_1987

Comment by misspriss_1987 (original poster) at 12:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• DROID X for sure. Dh owns it and I had an IPhone. I HATE my phone!! LoL.... not until Played with his that it.

I can say this much. If you get the droid,get the insurance and if something does happen where it needs to be replaced, you may be in for a wait. High demand, left dh without a phone for 3 weeks, while they tried to keep up with the demand for the phone.

Good luck
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• droid
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 8:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We went to the Verizon store today and he let me play with a Droid and told me a bunch of stuff and it does seem like 100X better than the iPhone! Just gotta talk my husband into it now bc my contract is about to be up with AT&T in a few weeks but his isn't up til next August.
    misspriss_1987

Comment by misspriss_1987 (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010