Ever Astral-projected?......care to share the experience?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, a couple of times.

The funniest (or most embarrassing, anyway) was a few years ago. I had a guy friend, who was known to tie one on, on payday. Well, when he didn't show up online for a group chat we were all involved in, some of us got worried. Since he and I were often on the same wavelength, so to speak, I decided to meditate and see if I could find out if he was okay.

All of a sudden, everything was hot, it was hard to breathe, the air felt heavy. I could hear myself saying, "get out, get out GET OUT! DAMN IT WOMAN!" and I slammed back in my chair. When he showed up online a few minutes later, the first thing he said was "damn it woman, can't a man take a shower in peace???"

While *I* didn't see anything, apparently he did. I appeared standing his shower just as he went to rinse the shampoo out of his hair.

OOPS!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:59 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My Jr. year of high school, our English teacher led us in a guided projection. I consider it more meditation than anything, but what really impressed me was that it was a very mixed class of different types of people. That includes some of the popular sheep who would never be caught dead doing anything that might make them appear different and single them out. Even they went along with it instead of sitting there giggling or making a joke of it, so it was a very peaceful environment. We compared notes afterward and everybody felt "something". Some people were a little freaked out by it - I'm sure there's no way that would ever fly in a public school now - somebody would be protesting it or turning it into a religious influence thing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Normally, I do it in my sleep. I have "flown" over the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. Oddly enough, I had no idea exactly where it was until someone else on Cm asked this question and I explained it. She was nice enough to PM me and send me a picture of the Cliffs and I knew that was were I went. I have also donw the same thing with Stone Henge. Not sure why I go to Ireland so often, but I always feel at peace when I do.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My mom was in mexico on vacation once and I was in college and missed her sooooo badly. I had a dream that her and I were in a bathroom at a restaurant together and I told her to talk to me and we hugged. The next day she phoned me from mexico and told me that she had one too many at the bar the night before and she said she saw me in the mirror of the bathroom and heard me telling her to talk to her so she phoned me as soon as she could to make sure I was ok. It was one of the most amazing connections of my life.
    Sonnyswife

Answer by Sonnyswife at 1:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have finally got to the point in my astral projection of actually leaving my body. Now I feel a tug in the center of my body, sort of like a falling dream but I am learning to control it. When I AP I feel a very strong wind blowing all around me and then I project to the place I need to go. One time I saw my youngest son with his back turned to me and I was trying to get him to turn around and talk to me. He was crying and in a a lot of pain. I came back to my body and went to the school and there was my son in the counselors office, crying. He was feeling suicidal because kids were picking on him. No one could figure out how I knew he was in distress when they were on the phone to call me and I walked into their office at that moment.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Maria de Agreda de Jesus, a 17th century Spanish nun who lived in a convent in Spain, visited the Jumano Indians along the Concho River in America through astral projection.

The first time European settlers came to the present day San Angelo area in New Mexico, the natives sought out the Franciscan priests asking for a mission and about the faith as described to them by "The Lady In Blue," which is how they knew Maria de Agreda de Jesus.
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:39 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• @Sonnyswife.......that sounds amazing, thank you so much for sharing that with me!!!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 1:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have many times,during deep rem sleep, but the one I remember best is my near-death experience during surgery in 1999. And, during spellwork, I sometimes walk inside the white light in a waking state. Returning is difficult. You wake up suddenly, but you can't move or breathe. It's like someone is sitting on your chest, but it's just your spirit returning to the body. I often heard unintelligible, scary voices just as I emerged, which turned out to be my spirit guides trying to help me get back. Since asking for their help to keep my spirit from "wandering", I no longer have astral projection during sleep phases. Some people learn to do it at will, but I never wanted to. I don't consider it a very pleasent experience.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2010