1st & 2nd Degree Burns

Okay so, I decided to grab a curling iron at a beauty saloon, not thinking that they keep them on at all times & it would be hot as u know what & I've got 1st & 2nd degree burns on my hand.. Does anyone know anything you can do to help the healing process? The doctor prescribed me Silver Sulfadiazine to help heal it & keep it from scaring. Any advice? I need to get this thing well asap bc I'm in the phlebotomy program & have to do needle sticks.. my teacher isn't too thrilled about me not doing check offs. Help plz =)

ManthaCole9406

Asked by ManthaCole9406 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• I am currently treating my sons hand covered in 2nd degree burns. Do NOT pop blisters. The longer they stay intact the better. Dress them daily with silvadene and telfa. It will take time. My son is in a Aircract mechanic and powerplant program. He hasn't lost a day or a grade. Once blisters pop on their own debide them with a pair of sterilized cuticle scissors. Be patient. If blisters rupture too soon the scarring will be worse.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My mom is a RN & she made sure she made herself clear about not busting the blisters, but I am terrified of MERSA. It's going around really bad where I live. I get to make up my check offs on the butterfly & syringe procedures but it will have to be next week.. I really wanted to go ahead & get them out of the way but my teacher will not let me do it. Did his skin feel really hard in some places?
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Jordan Essentials Shea Body Butter will help heal & minimize scarring. Shea butter's natural skin cell regeneration properties. I have a friend who was severely burned in a bonfire. He didn't want to use the Silvadena cream due to discoloration of his tattoos. The body butter healed it up in a matter of days.  Use the unscented & dye free.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Thats funny, I'm a nurse too. Yes the skin may feel hard in places. That is a reaction from the loss of moisture in the skin due to the heat.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2010