Would you rather be financially stable OR have an involved husband/father?

Just throwing this out there. Would you prefer to have A) a workaholic spouse who brings in good bacon - not super rich, but comfortable enough where you're not in debt and can pay all the bills, but is at work so much that you and your child usually only sees him for 10 minutes in the morning (unless he's sleeping in from another late night at work). OR B) a spouse who is involved in the daily care and growth of your child, but you're on a very tight budget and possible have debts.

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 1:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Involved Husband and Father for sure. Life is lived for those who are a part of our lives. Right now I am in the situation where we are both poor/ have debt and my husband only sees our son for 10 minutes a day. He is a medical intern. Someday we will have the money but that seems forever away. Sure we can't do much right now but I would love it when his schedule allows for us to spend more time with him.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• TY for the feedback about not having money AND time to see his child. I guess the idea about making enough money so that SOMEDAY he won't have to work so hard and be able to spend time with us is the same.
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• At this point in my life RIGHT NOW, I would LOVE to have A!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in situation B now with him on unemployment , although he is NOT involved in much of the daily care yet chooses still to argue over of a few simple (set-in-stone) rules which I have ALWAYS had in place from the very day our son was brought home. It's frustrating!!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would hope I don't have to pick either or. My husband has a great job and is very involved. The way you worded it makes it sound like the workaholic is really working two FT jobs to only see us 10 mins and be sleep! that is not a great life. But neither is being poor and in debt.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• B
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would pick B, but luckily I don't have to. My husband is a very involved and loving father, and he also has a stable job. We don't have a lot of money, but we don't have to really worry about necessities either.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would pick B. My husband works a lot (it's starting to pay off now with our business booming), but he also knows how to balance family in-between too.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Gimme B any day. My kids need their daddy and we can work out the financial crap as we go.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• B is what I have now and I'm thankful.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• B) a spouse who is involved in the daily care and growth of your child, but you're on a very tight budget and possible have debts. there is no doubt in my mind..you can always find ways to make money...but you cant ever get the first! things back..first step, first words..! we all need the people in our life...to be there for us and if they are always working...you dont have much..besides all that, I would rather go without cable, internet, whatever it took so my husband could be home with his family, after his 8 hour job....
    kids_r_gr8

Answer by kids_r_gr8 at 3:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010