What tips do moms have to help my 7 month old to sit up without support

mommytobe991

Asked by mommytobe991 at 1:18 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Time! It'll happen, don't push it, just wait! Your little one might surprise you soon!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:20 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• have you heard of these little pillows that prop the little person up? they look like incomplete donuts. if that does not work then just use regualr pillows and encourage ur child when they sit up for a while even with support
    JanellovesJJ

Answer by JanellovesJJ at 1:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Give baby lots of practice but don't force it. I used to prop up mine on the cuch with pillows and a Boppy.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• why the rush? wait for it. my daughter was crawling around at 6 months and learned to stand with support, then learned to sit on her own 2 months later. most babies that take long with one thing will show speed with another. wait around, she'll catch on.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Babies are gaining muscle tone when learning to sit or stand. Simply helping your child go from a laying to sitting position will help. Use the repetition for muscle memory. As your baby gets stronger you can let him/her do a little more of the pulling and sitting up. It will be gradual but safe and helpful. You can use the same process for standing, walking and jumping when the time comes.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Babies move at their own pace. When your baby is ready to sit up unsupported, he/she will do it.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 3:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I lay my girl on her back and let her grab my fingers and pull herself up to sitting and then standing and cheer when she gets to standing, she loves it and shes working her lil abs, she isnt sitting without support yet but it seems good for her
    SavanaF.

Answer by SavanaF. at 4:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2010