what should she do?

my best friend had her son in august of this year. the father of the child broke up w/ her when she was 5 months preggo. since the birth he has only come down to see his son three times. he relies on his parents to send care packages for his son. he has a job and lives on his own but he does not make enough to care for himself or the dog. he wants my friend to send his son to stay with him. in addition he calls her and harasses her almost everyday. my friend got a job about a 1 1/2 after she gave birth and she has been looking for better jobs ever since.

JanellovesJJ

Asked by JanellovesJJ at 1:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• okay are you asking about getting another job and letting the child stay with daddy? I say it's hard to find better jobs right now, but i wouldn't let the child stay with daddy if he can't even feed himself unless it is only for a few hours and you bring food and such with the child to make sure he/she has food, but why is he harrassing her? to see the child? or for stupid reasons if for stupid reasons then no
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 1:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would say no to the father if he can't even take care of himself.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• A month and a half old baby leaving mom is not acceptable, whether its to a capable parent or a loser like this guy. That's just my opinion but babies need the comfort of their moms when they are so small. Visits are ok. Mom leaving baby for more than an hour or two is just not ok.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• thank your all for your answers....to correct something she had the baby last year in august, he is harassing her about not seeing his son but he reufses to move down here, i am not asking whether he should get a job but whether she should try to salvage the relationship with her son's father
    JanellovesJJ

Comment by JanellovesJJ (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No I would NOT EVEN BOTHER with the father. He left her when she was PREGNANT WITH HIS CHILD! Does that not tell her what kind of man this person is? Is this the kind of influence she wants on her child? I would get my custody sorted out legally right away and keep that child as far away from that loser as possible.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010