how do you tell your little one?

about the birds and the bees when they are so young and they ask where babies come from?

I told different ones... they come from a cabage patch just like the cabbage patch kids...lol and they come from the belly by eating watermellon seeds (that one didn't work out, but it freaked my son out i got pregnant not soon after having watermellon..he said it was because of that)...

meliscool72

Asked by meliscool72 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You tell the truth when they ask you questions but you make sure it is on their age level and NEVER give any more information than what they ask for, unless of course you are having "the talk" when they are older, but I can understand that would be really hard when they are that young! lol You can say things like God put the baby there or even that mommy and daddy had so much love the had to put it into another baby.
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Just tell your little one straight up the truth. In this day and age it won't hurt your toddler the truth..because it might save them from being touched inappropriately. I know someone who taught their son when he was younger the truth about his body and stuff and it saved him from a family member almost inappropriately putting moves on him. So just be straight with your toddler. Your little one might comprehend more than you think.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would tell him that when God saw how much Mommy and Daddy loved each other and him, he decided to let you have another baby for you all to love.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• As a child i was tld the truth. My parents had this crazy 70's book titled "where do babies come from" It wasn't overly explicit but it was factual about men and women having genitalia and that this is esentially how babies ar emade. It did not explain sex in any graphic way. I like that i knew the truth but I admit it sometimes made it awkward growing up when kids around me spouted stupid things like "if you kiss you'll have a baby", I couldn't help but want to tell them they were stupid even though I knew it wasn't their fault they didn't know. I'm honest with my daughter in a way she can understand at 4. Mommy and Daddy wanted a baby and because we are married there are certain things we can do together to make that baby (even though you don't have to be married its better, she knows her mother was never married). mostly shes interested with how the baby grows and develops more than how it got there. We talk about that more
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 1:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Tell them before thay tell you.
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 1:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2010