clingy child when you're expecting baby?

Anybody else have this happen? my six year old has become extremely clingy. I normally wouldn't mind, because I would say I'm very clingy to my kids, but I'm concerned that it's going to get out of hand when the baby is born. ex: my husband and I went to the movies on our anniversary. Her Aunt came to our house to watch her and her sister bc they were already in bed. I couldn't leave until she was asleep bc she was sooo concerned about when I would be back. I try to do everything to make sure she isn't left out of anything and we do have time for just us two. any advice? she's has a little sister (3) so I'm just wondering why she is being like this now.

young-not-dumb

Asked by young-not-dumb at 1:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe she thinks she'll get less time with you once another little one comes since you already have another one besides her? Just try to do your best to spend equal amount of time with all your little ones. Never show an ounce of favoritism in your kids.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 1:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010