Cloth training pants: yay or nay?

Thinking about getting Antsy Pants for my toddler, since it looks like we might have a ways to go before he's potty trained. (He was CD'd for most of his first 2 years; he's now almost 3.)

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 1:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Are you talking about the thicker cloth underwear?? I'm not sure what antsy pants are. I'd say if he's not ready to potty train it would be more work for you (washing more clothes, carpets, him)... What is CD'd?
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 4:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Not the padded underwear like the ones by Gerber. Antsy Pants are like pull-ups (they open on the sides and are stretchy so the kids can pull them up & down), but they also have a pocket inside which you can stuff depending on how much absorbency the child needs. (But they're still supposed to feel the wetness inside.)

CD = cloth diapering. So I don't really mind doing the laundry, since I'm used to it after doing it for almost 2 years with my son. Thankfully, we don't have much carpets to worry about, but the Antsy Pants also have a waterproof outer layer, so it's not supposed to leak through like the padded Gerbers or regular underwear.
    phoofy

Comment by phoofy (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2010