what is it like as a first time mom?

what I mean by that is what is it like getting ready to carry a child for 9 months for the first time?

Diplomatz27

Asked by Diplomatz27 at 1:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• VERY stressful, and amazing to watch your child learn new things and grow up. Your child will be the apple of your eye, and hopefully your best friend. He/she will be your everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pregnant belly

NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 2:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I was dumbfounded, excited, happy, overwhelmed, scared, nervous all at the same time for like 9 months. lol.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 2:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• thank you so much....your answer to my question is very helpful...i really do appreciate this
    Diplomatz27

Comment by Diplomatz27 (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Its almost indescribable. There's such an overwhelming sense of joy, accomplishment, pride, nervousness, worrysome. I think you get every emotion there is while pregnant. But none of that compares to what you feel when you hold/see your baby for the first time. Its truly breath taking!!!!

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• very eager excited scared but wonderful you feel full of joy to know you are growing a baby inside of you..
    mommy626855

Answer by mommy626855 at 2:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You are asking about pregnancy?
    That is awkward, unusual, weird. It's exhilarating and nerve-wracking.

I was mostly *proud* above all else.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• There are so many emotions with becoming a new mom. You are overwhelmed, excited, nervous, these are just a few. Being able to bring a baby into the world that you help create is a prize in itself. Knowing that you are the one that will teach it, nurture it, provide for it, is exciting. Not knowing how oyu will provide, how you will know what to do is the scary parts. But keep in mind, your parents did not know what to do, and you turned out okay. Just keep this in mind, when you are feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or feel like oyu just need time away. Ask those around you for help. Having a baby is a wonderful experience and everyone will enjoy the process with you.
    FstrMom2009

Answer by FstrMom2009 at 2:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It's undescribible, honestly. It's the scariest, most exciting thing in the world. It's scary, because you have this life inside you that you need to protect for the next 9 months (and 18 years after that), but it is so exciting to know that you are carrying this little person who is a part of you and your dh/so. The moment you hear that heartbeat, see that ultrasound, feel those kicks, and see that little face and those little eyes, you will forever be in love.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 7:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Since we didn't plan on children I wasn't ready for my news. I was totally freaked out after my first appointment I thought I was in hell. But now that I've been through it I can explain to my firend better then I think doctors when my bf was pregnant she had the same fears when I explained in full detailed of what I went through she felt better.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 7:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Scary! exciting, emotional!! Its hard to believe though, My hubby is still scared lol and I'm only 14weeks. He always is making sure I take my prenatals, drink lots, wash my hands so I dont get sick.... lol
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 11:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010