Am I a bad mom?

My son is 16 months old. I stay at home with him and go to school online. My boyfriend/fiance does nothing but eat, sleep, and whatever else makes him happy. I change my son's diapers, pay the bills, make sure he has diapers/wipes. However, m son has rickets and thatis mostly y fault because I did not get him on a vitamin d supplement when he was 2 months (I did not know). I finally know what is wrong but the doctor will not listen and my boyfriend disagrees with me because he only listens to his mother. Because my son's bones are easier to break than normal I give him a diet high in vitamind and calcium. But whenever my son falls or gets hurt he always blames me

JanellovesJJ

Asked by JanellovesJJ at 2:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think you are a bad mom but do think you need to take a hard look at your relationship with boyfriend. Do you really want to marry someone who is ALREADY not contributing?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• sweety you not a bad mommy girl and i agree with sweetloveofmine
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 2:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You're not a bad mom but you might be in need of a judgement overhaul when it comes to that man who fathered your child. What kind of influence do you think he is going to have once your son catches on that you do everything and he does nothing? Doesn't he have a job? How does he get money? How do you get money? Who supports your child?

You do what is best for you and your son and that mama's boy can go screw himself.

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Bad mom? I think not. I can clearly see you love your son and are concerned about his well being, is having your boyfriend around the best thing for your son??

Do whats best for him, and in the respect you'll be doing whats best for you.

Good luck.

4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Your BF is a loser and that is writen all over your post. You are a great momma and you are doing your best but your man needs to father up and man up and get the hell off his ass and make some money for the roof you all have over you alls head. You are going to scholl and taking care of the baby your man needs to do something then just hang out around the house he needs to find a job and go to it EVERYDAY. GL momma your doing great.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sounds like my husband. I am too a stay at home Mom and am going to school online while doing EVERYTHING around the home. Thats why my husband now lives over 700 miles away with his parents. It's time for him to grow-up and realize that we are not wonder women...well, actually we are...that is why they put it all on us. However, it is not fair. I agree with all the above ladies. Your BF is a loser and trust me....run while you can. Do Not marry him!! By the way, you are a Wonderful Mother. You are teaching your son that getting an education is extremely important and still providing for him. Keep up the good work and find yourself a man that respects you. I soon will be a single mother of a 3 year old, not looking forward to it, but we have to do what we have to do for our children. That is teach them that woman deserve respect and matter in this world!!
    Good Luck sweetie!!
    Momma2Parker13

Answer by Momma2Parker13 at 4:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You dont sound like a bad mom to me....keep your head up and continue to do the best you can.
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Do you have any family that you can turn to for support. What do you mean that the Dr. will not listen. What does the Dr. think is wrong? Get a second opinion.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• first off i would like to say thanx 3 all the encourageing messages. i get $10 every 2 weeeks from my mom to do laundry. i pay the bills when i have the money he just acts surprised when he realizes bills have to be paid. in addition when i come up with the money to pay the bills he gets his feelings hurt and asks where i got it. he also thinks that i have time to cheat on him.but again thank you for your responses.
    JanellovesJJ

Comment by JanellovesJJ (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2010