Do you get enough time with dh or so?

Mine works a full-time job and a part-time one as well and in a few weeks will start working overtime every week at his full-time job. He goes to bed way early because he needs his rest and wakes up way early to start work. I miss having time with him. Any suggestions?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 2:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Start trying to wake up with him in the mornings.(You can hopefully go back to bed after he leaves.) Help him get his coffee, lunch, or what ever he needs. Be joyful and happy and send him off w/ a kiss or whatever (be creative). It's good way to show him your support for all the hard work he's doing and get some time together w/out kids around. It might not be exactly what you want, but it's a place to start.
    Katjafish

Answer by Katjafish at 2:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I dont spend enough time with my Dh. Makes me cry when I think about it, which is why i try NOT to think about it. Dh is a OTR truck driver, so he's home for 1 week...then back out for 8 weeks<~~~~8 weeks!!! The week that he is home I try to make him spend more time focusing on the kids.

I agree with Katja...try a few of those suggestions. Make the most out of the time you guys can squeeze in together.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes....and maybe too much. We work together, go to bed the same time, cook and eat together, and the rest of the time we usually watch tv shows and movies or sometimes play games together(online games). We rarely spend time apart.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes - we are both retired - well, hub still works the hours that he wants - the college is just happy to have him whenever he feels like working - we have all the quality time we want - and it's wonderful - on the spur of the moment, last night, we decided to leave for a week down the shore tomorrow - i'm flying down to georgia in two weeks to see our granddaughter cheer at one of her football games - husband is flying out to las vegas in november with our two sons - for their annual october "male-bonding" long week-end" - we enjoy spending our alone time together and have wonderful friends with whom we enjoy spending time....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I kind of am in the same boat....i feel your pain
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 7:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2010