How many like living in an apartment

We had to move to an apartment due to having my DH's daughter moving in with us. I wish I could have afforded a house but we can't yet.

Am wondering how many people enjoy apartment living? or what other choices would you choose?

Altotwo

Asked by Altotwo at 2:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We live in an apartment in a co-op. I facking HATE IT. We need a bigger unit but they won't give us one because our last inspection wasn't spic and span like they want. We have twin 2 year olds in a 2 bedroom apartment! It's cluttered. I like the community I just wish they would lay off the participation crap.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I prefer living in an apartment. A house would be nice, but this way I can move easily when my lease is up if I choose to, I don't have to pay maintenance or repair fees, and I have no yardwork to do or pay someone else to do. The neighbors sometimes suck, but you can get bad neighbors regardless of what kind of housing you're in unless you're out in the country, and the downside to THAT is being isolated. I don't think I'll ever buy a house.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:20 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• OMG NO!!!! I lived in one when dh and I first married and we had no one to really help us out with anything and I had some medical issues and so I had to stay home for a good chunk of the early years and so we couldn't afford a house either. Apts suck. I've lived in several. We kept moving and upgrading but never saw much improvement. My biggest complaint about their interior is plumbing sucks and windows leak. I suggest HIGHLY getting a rental house. They are usually the same price as an apt and you get more space and don't have to worry about hearing neighbors' love making (yes I've heard it several times) and you don't have to worry about smelling neighbors' gross food.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:21 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I like our apartment, it's a 2bd/2ba, inexpensive, pretty nice. Our neighbors are all quiet, nice people, who we get along with very well! :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• House, apartment... either way your gonna have your pros and cons.

We currently live in an apartment and I both love and HATE it.
    I like not having to fix to many things...YAY maintence.
    I like having my carpet shampooed because I requested it, or having someone ask me every month if I need anything done ( a picture hung, new blinds up, etc..)
    I like having lots of kids around for my kids to play with.

I HATE:
    Having people stomping all damn night. I mean.. SIT DOWN!!
    Having to tiptoe in the middle of the night because I was stupid enough to move upstairs and I dont wanna wake the person below me.
    Having to get home early to make sure I have a parking space.

We are saving for a House and I pray we get it.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• rentals in oregon arent bad. $600 for a two bed room, 1 bath +sewer and garbage
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• We rent a trailer for $600 a month, We moved from an apt to the trailer and I love having my own space and yard my land lords mow do all the maintance work still we had a huge garden i hated my apt. My downstairs neighbor was a pack rat and she had about 10 cats well the last month we were there her apartment was so gross and dirty that we had mice in our place and she was refusing to do anything about cleaning we also had to not use our water if she was in the shower and visa versa. I will never live in a apt again i hated it and know that i have my own yard and own house we will not go back to an apt.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2010