Why is my toddler getting up at night & squishing into bed with me?

He's been a pretty good sleeper, but he's been doing this for over a week now, seemingly out of nowhere. A couple of times I've tried to put him back in his room, but most nights I just let him co-sleep. He's not crying, just getting up, walking into our room, and literally stuffing his blankies into my face & squishing next to me.

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 2:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd was doing that for a few weeks but then she stopped. My guess is that ds just wants some snuggle time or might not want to sleep alone anymore or is afraid of the dark. I put a nightlight in dd's room and it worked great. I still have to stay by her bed though until she's asleep. Its a security issue with her but I'm ok with it. She sleeps the whole night in her bed.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• my son does it every night!!! i think they just dont want to sleep alone!!
    bubbbaNbabygirl

Answer by bubbbaNbabygirl at 2:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• my son does that too some night he says its because he wants my bed and its so nice and big lol
    twimommy

Answer by twimommy at 5:02 PM on Sep. 23, 2010