Mysterious Chat Request

Soooo....I was on my hubby's email (he's gone training & asked me to get some info for him). A chat/friend request popped up from a user name that I did not recognize. When I stopped and looked at it I realized it was the name of a woman. Then I instantly assumed the worst. My husband is gone a lot & goes out on the weekends w/ all the other guys when he's away. Could this be a woman he met at a bar? I did google the name and check on fb, but the only two matches to the name were in Denmark or something weird like that. I have never not had reason to trust him, buuuut......good people have been known to do stupid stuff. Should I just forget about it? I know sometimes spammers get a hold of email accounts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• What email provider? Yahoo & MSN both get bots on IMs in my experience. It's not necessarily the worst.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would ask dh about it in an inquisitive way but nonconfrontational.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Be straight up with him
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 2:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i would ask my husband about it - because if you open it, he will know that you did - and think that you don't trust him....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i get strange requests and so does my hubby. we kind of watch we have these people who spam im requests then realize they are trying to get you to pay to watch them and were like um NO. We always deny anyone we don't know.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 9:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sounds like a bot, I'd disregard it.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:27 PM on Sep. 23, 2010