Yes, No, Yes, No...Dang can I get a Straight answer

Okay moms...Little help here. I'm on baby #4 and more confused than I have EVER been when it comes to kids.

First 3 kids were weaned off formula by 12 months and given milk around 10 0r 11 months.

Been reading (maybe too much) and EVERYTHING I see says to NOT feed my daughter milk until 1 year or later.
BUT, and its a nice sized one, Her pediatrician is saying to give her a little milk. As well as table foods (just cut up and mashed very well).

So what would you do in my situation? I'm scared to hurt my baby in any way, so I don't wanna give her something I shouldn't....but if her doc says she can is it time for a second opinion??

Any help at all ladies is appreciated.. thanks!!

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 2:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If all three of your older kids are healthy and happy, why not just keep doing what you're doing? Don't stress over it, mama! You're doing a good job!

This!  You really CAN get TOO informed about stuff like this and just end up confusing and irritating yourself.  This momma hit it right on the head here.  If your 3 other kids are good then just stick to what you did with them.  By #4 you're supposed to be MORE confident, not LESS!!!  Don't second guess yourself honey.  You know what you're doin.  Believe it!

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:51 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• LOL...I waited until 14 months..only because I was using up the last of the formula first. If it would make you feel better to wait a bit longer...go for it. If you prefer to do as you have done...that is ok too. Just remember, they are you kids and you have your own instinct. If your instinct says to wait a bit, no one will be harmed from doing that. And you know how your older kids are...and whether or not they handled it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• From everything I have ever heard and read(including from the dr) At 9 months of age you can introduce dairy foods(they all have milk in them) and you can offer a LITTLE milk but you aren't supposed to replace milk in a gallon with milk from formula or you. You have to still do formula or breastmilk until the first b-day.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Just because she can, doesn't mean she needs to or should. I would go with your gut and do what you feels best. Delaying milk for a month or two won't hurt her.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i started my daughter on lil mouthfulls of whole milk at 11 months..but i never gave her a whole bottle..it was just lil sips...and she ate yogurt, cheese, etc..she turned out just fine..lol.lil sips arent gonna do any harm...but i would wait til at least 11 months
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i agree with the previous 2 posters, do what you have been doing. they are constantly changing things, for example: when i was a baby it was "put cereal in their bottles," now it's "don't introduce cereal until 6 months, never in the bottle." there's always something new or something that has been changed. do what you did with your other 3 kids! do what you feel is right!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• stick with your gut, if it worked with your other children then why not this one!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 4:59 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't read parenting books and "experts" and stuff like that.  I do what works for our family.  My 4 older kids started drinking small amounts of milk at around 6 months and were having cups of it with dinner by 8 months.  They were weaned off of formula and bottles at 12 months.

All 4 survived and are healthy and normal kids (they are 10, 9, 8 and 4).  I plan to do the same with my now 2 month old when he gets to that age.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:33 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My pedi had me start giving little bits of whole milk at 11 months to get his stomach ready for the transition at 12 months. She said dairy before then was ok but not straight milk.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:03 PM on Sep. 23, 2010