how late can it be?

so i took and pregnancy test 5 days early just b/c i felt like i was pregnant will last night i took another one and i am 6 days late. It cam out neg. How late can a period be? Should i take Another test? Are test completley accurate, or has someone had a similar situation like mine? PLS Gimme you thoughts and answers.. anything and everything helps thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• a friend of mine did that with the baby she is pregnant with now because her hcg hormones had not yet got high enough for a pregnancy test to accuratley tell her she ended up going to the dr and a blood test confirmed the pregnancy I would call my dr being six days late and a neg pregnancy test
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 11:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• is it bad to have low hcg levels?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I just went through something similiar...it had been 45 since my last period...so I decided to take a test. It came out negative..
    I got my period 4 days later . A total of 49 days in between periods.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 12:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The best thing you can do is call the doctor. If you feel you are pregnant request a blood pregnancy test, it could be many other things too though such as, thyroid problems, small ovarian cysts,etc. Best bet is to call the doc!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I was two weeks late last month! I even got a positive pregnancy test but when I went to the hospital it was Neg....Twice. Sooo It could be changing up routine. I had all the symptoms too, Our bodies are weird!!! Good Luck.
    momma_2_three

Answer by momma_2_three at 12:45 PM on Oct. 20, 2008