why would my veins pop out more then normal?

tomorrow (the 24th) will be the start of my 22nd week of the good ole pregnancy fun

MoMoFu

Asked by MoMoFu at 2:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• Sometimes high blood pressure does that. I know because it runs in my family. I had that too (the veins popping out) when I was pregnant both times, especially the 1st time.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:41 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• darnit. that is all i seem to get. b4 pregnancy i heard it was due to dehydration. I was hoping that would be more the cause.. I can easily go get a drink. darnit!
    MoMoFu

Comment by MoMoFu (original poster) at 2:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well its one of the causes but doesn't mean its th cause in your case. The dr will tell you at your checkup if blood pressure is high. Try to not add any salt to your food or eat a lot of salty foods.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• being warm can do that too, whenever I get hot my viens pop out
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• 2 of the main causes are due to #1 increased fluid levels in the body and #2 because baby is in the way, blood has a harder time returning to the heart and it tends to "back up" a little more. Either way, it's fairly normal and while keeping salt intake low, eating the right foods, etc can help, sometimes, that's just the way it is. :( Bummer
    Make sure to keep hydrated, though. If you don't, you can create even bigger problems.
    Katjafish

Answer by Katjafish at 3:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• mine do too
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2010