What type of birth control do you use?

and what are the pros and cons of that method? i am wanting to get back on some type of birth control, i was on the depo shot for 4 years before i got prego with my ds. but i'm not really wanting to start that again. my dh doesn't like all the side effects/risks that come with the IUD. what would you recommend?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 3:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I use Yasmine and have no side effects... I tried Nuva Ring and got a terrible infection (very, very painful).
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:56 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Definitely not the rhythm method or the pull-out method lol. Someone told me a diaphram is a good choice. You have to be fitted by your ob-gyn but you can't feel it once its in and you put it in before so you don't have to stop like with a condom and there are no side effets or hormones in it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I don't use any, so I have no clue!! lol I'll give you a bump though...
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 3:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My lastest labor--8lbs15oz, no meds--is all the birth control i need, lol
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 6:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• we dont use any except for the first 6 monthes after birth for healing purposes, and mainy for me I only do taht because I have a heart condition, but I think your best bet is to find one that prevets pregnancy and does not kill a preganancy! HArder than you would think to do, but I use nuva ring in that 6 month period!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have the Mirena IUD in. Never had issues so far with it. My periods have stopped, I do not feel it, and most of all I do not think about it all the time. I was on the patch before (7 years total) and loved it. I was just wanting something more long term. I can keep my mirena in for 5 years, the dr has to insert, and many insurances will not pay for it. Mine was 1200 to put in. Still cheaper than a baby!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2010