What would you say to someone without offence about what its like loving God?

I've seen many get on these sites saying things that cause offence to those who don't know or don't want to know who God is/ or don't believe. I'm not here to change anyone's mind. I'm not here to shove religion down someone's throat. I just want to know if there's a way to express something God did for me today, without offending someone? How can I express the moment?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would just say it and not be afraid of what people think or might say. That I what the Bible says to do. You can't worry about stepping on someone's toes. There are plenty of offensive things said about all kinds of topics but we live in a free country and you can and shall say anything you would like to!!!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Its hard to understand what your saying exactly..is it that You don't want to give the credit to god depending on your audience?
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I agree with the first poster. Say it! Share your experience! You're not shoving it down their throat...no one is forcing them to click. Don't feel scared to profess your love...you just might even help someone! God Bless.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Do and say what you want ppl will get offended no matter what i just asked a question a bit ago and someone came down on me for mess spelling a word i said hahaha what a funny little girl b/c you cannot let them get to you i say to each his own
    LoVe4Free

Answer by LoVe4Free at 3:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That's a tough one.
    I think everybody believes in something, something that keeps them going. So whatever it is for them, they have to convert your words and make it their own. (like the dollar-euro-converter I send you lol) But that is something you can't do for them. Just send it out there and hope it'll hit a nerve.
    Oh, something else, I read something nice in the newspaper this week. Somebody wrote:Most of the time I see religion like soccer clubs. You don't need to belong to one to enjoy the game. I liked that. :-)
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Actually, we must be more concerned with...are we offending God than are we offending man. We want to be gentle, yet firm in our stand. That is where alot of problem is that we are more concerned with our neighbors opinion and we try not to offend them, yet we end up going against God. I will have my say about something (when asked) and leave it at that. I will not go back to a post to "argue" with someone, as you know they are always going to try to tear holes in anything to do with God. I refused to be a part of it, I refuse to bend to the world.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 6:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• there is a difference in sharing your own experiences about your faith than TELLING someone their life is "misled, lost, evil" for NOT believing the same as you do. In otherwords you can share about your god in your life all you want, but the moment you say, "See what you COULD have in your empty life if only you believed the same as me?!" is when it gets offensive.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Oh and I think it's great that you wish to not offend. Too many people brush others to the side, forgetting about tolerance and caring for their fellow brother or sister, in the name of "spreading the word". This comes across as egotistical and more about what makes THEMSELVES feel righteous instead of about their god and his "awesomeness".
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Biggest thing would be not to assume that everyone is lost or confused, etc without God. I see that being thrown around alot. That those who don't believe are lost, blinded, being led astray etc. And often it is in a case of projection where the believer had strayed form their path and were feeling lost etc before they came back. Simply tell YOUR story and know that it applies to YOU and YOU alone. Everyone has different experiences and outlooks on life and when people apply their own experiences to ALL people's experiences it becomes a problem.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My suggestion...keep your mouth shut unless someone asks.

I don't hide my religion, but I don't wear it on my sleeve.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010