Rolled ankle- When do you need to go to the doctor?

I rolled my ankle pretty bad this morning. Im icing it and keeping it elevated, as well as trying to stay off it. It hurts to put weight on it. I dont want to go to the doctor if I dont have to because we dont have a car (which means a 10Euro cab ride), and I live on the top floor of our apartment (which was very difficult to climb with a sore ankle!). What are some signs I should go to the doctor?

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 5:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• Not being able to walk on it would be a good reason to get it further evaluated. I rolled my ankle years ago and it still has never healed right and I waited two weeks to go thinking I am fine. My ankle/foot turned black and blue and I thought if I iced it I would be fine but I should have gone right away. Now I can't walk for longer than ten minutes without it re-swelling and in pain. I have lived like this for over four years. IMHO, I would go no matter what it took because they need to x-ray to know for sure how bad it is.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 6:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2010