Will my boobs ever go back?

I just finished nursing my daughter and was wondering if my boobs will ever return to pre-pregnancy lifted-ness. If not, are there any exercises or anything I could do to get them back that way?

JoBiz87

Asked by JoBiz87 at 6:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• having breastfed two children, I can tell you that the definite answer to your question is NO -- unfortunately, boobies deflate once nursing is complete. You could develop the pectoral muscle underneath to get some definition, but I doubt you would gain any lift or fullness back. Part of being a mommy!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 6:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Im sorry, but no they wont. You can try to do lots of upper body exercises. Like pull-ups, push ups, shoulder presses. All those muscles around your breast can HELP them out a little, but it will not cure your breast ptosis. Don't worry too much about it though. I'm sure your breasts are gorgeous. I was very insecure of mine for years, but eventually excepted my droopy boobs. I'm a women & i breastfed & they served their purpose. DH loves them anyway & that is all that matters to me now. I don't care what anyone else thinks of them.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Also, bobbies will deflate regardless if you breastfeed. They have done lots of studies on it & they know for fact that women who do not breastfeed, will still sag after pregnancy because of the dramatic shift from huge boobs while pregnant, to smaller boobs after baby is born. Some even say that women who don't breastfeed have a higher chance of getting saggy boobs because they deflate so fast after pregnancy & there is no middle period where the breasts are still bigger than before, but not huge. Does that make sense?

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:52 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• no, but wearing a bra all the time will help it from getting worse
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Pregnancy deflates them, not nursing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Nope. Sorry. That is one of the joys of pregnancy. I chose not to breastfeed (my choice) and my tatas are nowhere close to what they used to be. I am sure there are exercises like chest presses and things that can be done to help but they won't be exactly the same ever again. :( Kinda depressing huh?
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 8:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I discovered taking Fenugreek for my allergies has helped my boobs. You can take it when you are BFing to increase your milk supply, but I haven't BF in over a year but it does seem to lift them up somehow. No scientific explanation or whatever but hey I'll take it. It does go away after you stop taking it. And Fenugreek can make you smell slightly like maple syrup. lol
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 8:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I agree with everyone else - the boobs just deflate. Part of the "mommy morph". About the only thing that will put them back where they were is surgery.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• thank god my boobs have been saggy from jump, yay genetics :)
    SavanaF.

Answer by SavanaF. at 1:25 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Sorry, the only way to keep pre-pregnancy liftedness is to never get pregnant in the first place, and move to a zero-gravity environment as early in life as possible. If you live on Planet Earth you are doomed at one time or another.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:24 PM on Sep. 23, 2010