Is the double standard OK?

When a hubby has a job outside the home and the wife is a SAHM, should the wife support the hubby each morning while he prepares for work and keep the children out of the bathroom? Even if she always bathes with an "audience"?

babyjakesmama

Asked by babyjakesmama at 11:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes I think she should especially since he is on a time schedule.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 11:50 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Me and hubby takes bathes at night after the kids are in bed. But, while he is getting ready for work they are in and out because we only have one bathroom but, if the kids start getting in the way then they have to stay out.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yeah i agree with Pat-s. He is on a time schedule and SAHM usually are not

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yes, your job as a SAHM is to watch the kids so your man can get out the door in the morning. If you want to shower without an audience, do it at night after your husband is home and has had dinner. Tell him you are taking a 15 minute shower and to watch the kids. That isn't too much to ask. Men are so dense sometimes so you have to make sure they look you in the eye and undersand the request you are making of them.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If that makes him happy, yes. I think in a relationship, each should respect the others wishes and put themselves in the other's shoes to understand what makes the world work better for both. There's no steadfast rule - it's just what works in your marriage and family.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It's a respect thing. You should do everything you can to show your hubby unconditional respect. Help him out, be there for him, put him first and show your kids how important daddy is to you.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yes. She could make sure that she gets time alone to bathe too, and when necessary he should help out there.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Let your husband get ready for work,,take a bath /shower later..His job trump everything else.

Answer by louise2 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If he's on a time schedule, yes, it would be nice to have to kids out of the bathroom. My DH doesn't feel comfortable with kids in there when he's getting ready anyway. I have an audience whenever I'm getting ready (because I'm the mommy) except when I really have to get ready fast and that's when DH will keep them out of the bathroom for me. We have done this even when I was a SAHM and when I worked.

It can sound like a double standard, but as long as both people are willing to help each other out when needed, I think it's okay.
    udinkel

Answer by udinkel at 1:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It's not a problem here. DH has to be out the door anytime between 3:30 and 5:45 am, and I generally shower before the kids are up as well.
    MrsGurt

Answer by MrsGurt at 2:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008