Are you still the same religion (or lack of) that you were raised to believe in?

Have you ever tried another belief system?

.Lovinglife.

Asked by .Lovinglife. at 7:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I grew up going to a free methodist church, but am now a Presbetrian (sp)
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I was raised Catholic all of my life, and continued to go to Catholic church for some of my adult life. Now, I just don't have the desire like I use to for the Catholic religion. It's just complete repetition and I think I believe in something a little more than that.

Although, I am still a very strong Christian, I don't think Catholic is the way for me anymore...
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 7:06 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I was brought up Catholic. My friend took me to an Assemblies of God Church and that is where I continue to go! I like the idea of just worshiping/praising our Lord!
    molly_ann

Answer by molly_ann at 7:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Nope. I was raised Free Methodist and looked into Catholicism, JW, Mormonism, Islam and even Wicca before becoming an Atheist.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I was raised Lutheran, checked out Catholicism (pretty close to Lutheran) and
    also Baptist (bc of ex husband) before becoming a Wiccan - Witch...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:15 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i was raised lds (mormon), and i'm still practicing. my parents don't really go anymore, nor do the rest of my family. i researched a lot of other religions, and i respect them, and i can find beauty in all of them. but i've chosen to still with the choice i made at baptism. i think it's healthy to check out other religions and find what works best for you.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 7:20 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I pretty much still believe in what I did before. Some aspects are different just because I understand more.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 7:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Was raised Luthern, but am now Buddhist-this is where all of my beliefs fall under, always have I just wasn't exposed to it when i was younger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i certainly am - and i have never tried another religion - am very happy and comfortable with the one i was reared in - now, both of my sons don't actually practice any religion anymore- but they have remained with the religion in which they were reared - they are just not church goers - the church is just a building - God is in your heart - i don't believe that to be a Christian that you have to go to church every sunday - some of the biggest hypocrites go to church every sunday just so the minister will see them there....
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Raised Lutheran...was always an atheist but didn't "come out" until I reached my 20's.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2010