All of a sudden: GReasy hair. Yuk!

Some time ago I noticed that I have to wash my hair more frequently. No big deal, but now it's getting really bad. I washed my hair monday evening. Tuesday morning it felt funny. By 10 am I could feel a greasy layer on my scull, around 1pm it started itching and I felt sooo filthy. Just wanted to hide somewhere in a whole but had to work until 5 pm. When I finally got home and unter the shower there were little crusts here and there. I soaked for 30 minutes and still couldn t get it all of. I wash now once a day, sometimes 2. Where does this come from?! Has it to do with beeing off the pill? Does it help if I keep my hair short? HOw can I make it go away? It's coming back every day.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 7:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• It could be due to hormone levels changing. I have never heard of the pill but they do change your hormone levels as does getting older.If you have crusts it could be due to over washing. It is best to only wash once a day. Don't put conditioner on your scalp. It is meant for the ends of your hair and shampoo is for your scalp. If the crusts don't go away then i recommend going to a dermatologist to have them check and to see if it maybe Seborrheic Dermatitis which can make your hair feel greasy and crusty. There are over the counter shampoos for this, It is called Nizoral. They also have prescription strength if over the counter products don't work.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You may have a build up of products (even shampoo alone can leave residue). Try once or twice a week a tsp of baking soda worked in with your shampoo. Scrub your scalp with that. I have oily hair and it does help me to keep it short. You could also try a clarifying shampoo. Gl.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Washing everyday is not a good thing. You may be drying out your scalp by doing this. It also depends on any products your using daily, hairspray, mouse, etc. I agree with Congenial, you may want to go to a dermatologist if this is getting worse. For now a little baby powder on you hair NOT SCALP may help with oily hair. Hope this helps.
    kozymama700

Answer by kozymama700 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I only wash my hair once/week. I rinse in between. You might have a build of products.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• use bakeing soda.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• first try a clarifying shampoo. use twice if necessary.

then conditioner but only on the ends not on the scalp.

if no change seek a doctor, you may have dandruff and true dandruff is a fungus and must be treated by a doctor. over the counter dandruff shampoos typically contain tar like products that just cover the problem, not necessarily rid your scalp of the fungus.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2010