Where does the greasy hair come from?

Some time ago I noticed that I have to wash my hair more frequently. No big deal, but now it's getting really bad. I washed my hair monday evening. Tuesday morning it felt funny. By 10 am I could feel a greasy layer on my scull, around 1pm it started itching and I felt sooo filthy. Just wanted to hide somewhere in a whole but had to work until 5 pm. When I finally got home and unter the shower there were little crusts here and there. I soaked for 30 minutes and still couldn t get it all of. I wash now once a day, sometimes 2. Where does this come from?! Has it to do with beeing off the pill? Does it help if I keep my hair short? HOw can I make it go away? It's coming back every day.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 7:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• Honestly, I would see my doctor because it sounds like you have something going on. If this is not something you have normally had a problem with, I would definitely follow up with my Doctor.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:39 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• this is definitely not normal and i would see your doctor re this ...
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 7:30 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You could try switching shampoos and try an oil treatment, the oil is from glands meant to self moisterize the scalp and hair, if you are stressed it could increase, but greasy hair is greasy hair what you're describing sounds more like your scalp is drying out. It can get sunburned, also Use conditioner and get a some head and shoulders to use 1-3 times a week to help reduce the "crust" the oil treatments also help dissolve any built up oily residue on your scalp and help to moisturize the rest of your hair
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 7:42 AM on Sep. 23, 2010