What does it mean when you dream about an ex you are scared of ?

My daughter's father used to beat me,stalk me,not let me talk to friends, made me move out and live on the street with him, etc. When I was 7 months pregnant(april 2008) I finally got away and got a restraining order. I had it for a year.He had gone into the army. When I went to re-up my restraining order the judge wouldn't grant it to me because he was in the army and the he said he was probably a changed man and he respected him for that(he got kicked out later for drug abuse,so I guess he wasn't a changed man lol).So I haven't heard from him except he sent a facebook friend request a year ago.Anyways- I've had at least 3 dreams in the last couple weeks where he was in them.Just observing me and my daughter.And in one my mother was actually talking to him.In the dreams I was scared,but not terrified.Just trying to figure out how to get my daughter away before he could really see her. What could my subconscious be telling me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I had a boyfriend who I ended things with and he didn't want to let me go. He stalked me and my husband and family as well too. He even tried to run me over and kill me when I was standing in front of my car. I was only able to get a one year restraining order because he promised the judge he would stay away and the judge bought it. He was so manipulative and people believed him except i didn't and he got so pissed off because of it. After me he dated a girl who he kidnapped and tried to sodomize and rape and was eventually put in jail and he is got 15-25 years in prison because her and I weren't the only ones to testify to his abusive behavior. It has been years and I still have dreams and I have anxiety sometimes especially if I dream about him. I feel it is becuase I am trying to change things in my dreams as to how things happened and the fact that I allowed him to do this to me and fear him getting out and finding me.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:17 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You must be wondering if he is going to come back and must still be scared, which is understandable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i sometimes have dreams of my ex..he was abusive. i hated him but sometimes i dream of him..i don't know why. Usually it will be a memory dream of something nice that we did. very creepy.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• that are you scared about what the future holds, not just about him but also future relationships.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 8:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I dated a 38 year old guy a few years ago (I was 20). It was a bad time in my life. And I totally regret it. After about a month of dating he told me about his childhood. His mother would sell him to men and women for drugs and drug money. It really messed him up. Whenever he drank alcohol he turned into a monster. And would accuse me of trying to take advantage of him. Then one time (the only time) he tried to strangle me during a heated argument. Thank god my best friend lived close and came in just in time to help me. Who knows how far it could've gone. Anyway since I have been pregnant I have been having dreams about him a lot. I think it is just my mind thinking of all the scary things I have dealt with. And how bringing a child into this world makes it so much harder to feel at ease with all the bad people out there.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010