A Molar Already?

My son is just over 4 months.. He's teething and has a slight cold.. Drooling a lot, chewing on everything and just not a happy camper! :( I know he's getting 2 bottom teeth, his gums are real red, swollen, and tender to the touch. But, I felt around over the weekend in his mouth, he has a molar on the bottom right side. I thought it was too early for molars! I Got a little mirror out and sure enough you can see the top ridges of the tooth just through the skin OUCH! No wonder the poor boy is in pain. Anyone else kids get the molars first, I really thought he was too young for a molar.

Proudmummyof1

Asked by Proudmummyof1 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is a "usual" order - but it applies to only about 50% of kids. Any order is fine.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Thanks! I had this chart on line that I went by with my first son, and pretty much went in that order, but so far Gavin has done nothing when he's suppose to! LOL he rolled over belly to back at 3 weeks old, and then from back to belly at 4 weeks.. So I don't know anymore!!! I can definately feel something in there, and see some white!
    Proudmummyof1

Answer by Proudmummyof1 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2008