What is a good time limit for children to play a playstation?

Alysa505

Asked by Alysa505 at 8:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Like an hour a day...
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 8:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• My son can play his video games or play on the computer an hour a day through the week. He is ten. As he gets older, I will set less limitations on his time for play, as long as his grades stay up.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 8:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think all depends on the situation. There are parents that would play with their children. Some families even find this as a way to connect with their children. Older children prefer to play alone or with friends so I would say 2 hours limit is fine since some of the games information can be "saved" for the contestants to return if they need to "pause" the game.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 8:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think it depends on the day. If its raining I can see staying on longer. A hour day on average. And even then I like to instill in my son that he shouldn't be so obsessed to play it every day. So I encourage for him to go out and play on the really nice days. If he reads his books or hasn't played in a couple of days I increase the time.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• an hour!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010