Help! Moving a 8 1/2 month old from home daycare to a daycare center..

We want to move our 7 month old from a home daycare to a daycare center closer to our home.. Should we be concerned this will effect her negatively emotionally? She will be almost 9 months when we plan to move her.

I'm so nervous. We love the home environment she is in. But the womans hours are terrible with our commute, she is farther away from our home, and I'm a bit tired of the daily routine of drop off and pick up with her..

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 11:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Okay...that makes more sence. I have a home day care so I was just wondering. I don't know what time you droped off or picked up but calling ahead of time sounds kind of weird. I open my door at 730am and again at 515pm and my parents just walk in and out. If it is is closed they always knock. The only time I ask them to call ahead is when they pick up early, especially during nap time so the others aren't woken up. I'm sure a Center will have a better drop/off - pick/up situation. Good Luck
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It's amazing how well children adjust. She may be go through a short period of adjustment but I wouldn't worry to much about it. I'm confused about one thing though. You said you're a bit tired of the daily routine of drop off and pick up with her...do you mean the sitter? Because your going to have a routine at a day care center also. Just wanted to understand what you're saying there.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Sorry- the routine with the sitter herself. Calling ahead to announce we will be there to drop off/ pick up. There have been a few times we were late to work because she did not hear her phone ring in the morning so she was still in bed sleeping while we sat outside ringing her phone- we're not allowed to knock because we may wake her husband and children.. thing like that..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 12:53 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would try to find an in-home that is closer to you. Emotionally a home daycare is better for children
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 2:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Probably the biggest issue with private vs. a center is the germs. And your child will probably get less one on one attention, but will still be cared for very well.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2008