Would this color scheme work? Could I make it work somehow?

I just found an AWSOME deal on brand new living room furniture. The furniture is steel blue. (silvery with a blue tint to it) My problem is my walls are chocolate brown with an accent wall that is brick red. My old couches are green and I love it. But even if it's an awesome deal, it isn't worth it if it's gonna look AWEFUL!!! the deal is a sofa, love and chair for $550. It's a screaming good deal!!

tina0728

Asked by tina0728 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Home & Garden

• If its a good deal then take it. You could always repaint your walls!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The chocolate brown works well with the blue but I think the red might have to go. Just prime and repaint the red wall and use the chocolate color or use it as an accent wall still but with a softer color that suits the furniture. It's worth repainting one wall for a deal like that. Just remember that chocolate brown and blue work together but you have to have some accents in the room of both the chocolate and the blue to pull it all together.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 12:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Just repaint the accent wall. The brown sounds like it would still match.
    Do you need new furniture? It's not a good deal if you don't need it.
    Anonymous

• All would work....brown and blue is very cute together...to tie in the red, just find some wall art with both colors and some throw pillows with both colors for the couch. It'll look great.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Tina, is this on ksl? If it is the one I am thinking of, I thought about buying it too, ha ha. I just could not justify it since my grandma gave me a really nice love seat and couch last year. How are you guys doing?
    LaceyJ.

Answer by LaceyJ. at 10:34 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I like to watch a lot of decorating shows on tv, and the colors you are choosing are on all of them! One of the neat tricks I saw was to get curtains to match you new couch. That will break up the choc and give the room life!The red is fine too, accents like throw pillows and vases with silvery foliage like eucalyptis help to tie it all together. You didn't mention a rug, but there are a lot of great choices, maybe something geometric if you want to keep it contemporary. Or if not then at least something in lighter colors than the choc to keep it happy! I've seen them use paint for almost everything tie in pieces that don't seem to fit, and it's cheap too! Have fun!
    sherry729

Answer by sherry729 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 21, 2008