why does a man tell you that he doesnt love you, but he care about you a lot? what is that suppose to mean?

I was in a realtionship with my boyfriend for 3 years... found out that he was cheating on me.... we were trying to work it out, and then he tells me one day that he cares about me alot but he doesnt love me. He says hes never been able to love anyone. I think he lying.... he says he doesnt love me but I cant seem to get rid of him ( even though i dont want to, he is the father of my baby girland i still love him)..... how should i take this?

Asked by leona5667 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• i was in the same situation. i dont know what to tell you to do. i tried to more on and ended up marrying someone else. i still love my ex very much and think about him everyday... he told me the same thing. But i have come to realize that my husband is awesome and sometimes i feel like he doesnt have all my heart but he understands that. and my ex i loved so much ended up marrying someone else and i was so hurt i thought "not able to love anyone huh?!!?" but then i saw him out with a different chick aka he was cheating on his wife.... and i was releived that i wsnt the wife being cheated on and after that he slowly leaves my mind each day and i get happpier and happier with my current situation. i trully believe his past and bad family life and maybe just the way God made him... he really doesnt know how to give his whole heart and love anyone.

you can love someone with all your heart but you cant make them love you back. and one person cant make a relationship work.

Answer by hendrickson at 12:04 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Sounds to me like a cruel game of cat and mouse...leads you on to see you chase him then lets ya ego trip for a guy. I am sorry that you are caught up in sound like a nice gal. Tell him you don't play games. take care of yourself

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:12 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would take it as him trying to tell you that he doesn't want to be with you exclusively. He doesn't want to hurt you by being straight forward. Some guys find it very hard to break up. Show him that you love yourself. Do what's best for you and your daughter.

Answer by qt_pie at 12:31 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• swetie i'm sorry to hear that you're going through that. i kinda know how you feel. but i'm not sure what to tell you. but if you need someone to talk to i'm on CM most of the time

Answer by rissa_mommyof2 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I am sorry too that you are caught in this. But Leona, in all my years experience,when you hear this form a man..(he wants no commitment but doesn't want to sever any chance at sex). They dont want to cut loose that possibility. The way the relationship goes from there is up to you . It is your choice. Please let no one make you feel less than what you are.
    Blessings, meagrandma

Answer by meagrandma at 4:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2008