Calorie counting, cutting, and burning to lose weight

Ok, counting works best for me to control how much (and what) I eat. Cutting is the result. My question is: How many calories do you have to burn each day for weight loss? I've heard mixed things about it.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:16 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If you go to caloriecount.com it will help you figure it out. I put in my activity level as "sedentary" (even though it's far from it) and entered the activities as I did them to give me the most accurate idea of what I was burning throughout the day. When I was trying to lose, I aimed for an average deficit of 500 calories a day--which would equal one pound a week.
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 9:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It depends on how much you weight and your activity level and what is your height. Also what type of frame are you? When you have those numbers you can google how to find out how many calories you need to burn to lose weight.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:20 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I read if you burn 3500 calories per week you lose 1lb.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 8:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Follow this rule, calories in calories out!

Answer by older at 8:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The thing about weight loss is not actually counting anything. Yes that gives you a feeling of control. But that is not how you lose weight. You need to excercise, live an active lifestyle, and eat healthy. DO NOT DRINK ANY SOFT DRINKS BAD BAD BAD! Eat 7 to 8 lil meals a day to bring up your metabolism. Bc unless you do that you will not lose weight and keep it off. Dont eat junkfood. You need to watch how much saturated fat you eat. You can eat only very lil. That sticks to you and is hard to loose. Drink lots of water. Go to the gym. Eat at least one salad a day. And eat lots or veggies and fruits. If you do start the gym and intense excercise make sure that you are putting protein in. That will help your muscles(not body builder junk). You will not look like a female body builder you will be tone and fit. And that is the most important thing. Email me pls for more tips. I would love to help you out.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• try to cut out 500 calories from your diet and lose 250 calories by exercise.it will do wonders.
    worriedmom30

Answer by worriedmom30 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• More than you eat
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 3:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• as long as you're in a 500-ish calorie deficit a day you should lose a lb a week. it helps to know your BMR for that.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 9:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2010