Weight loss

I went to the dr a lil over a month ago with concerns about my weight. I had hit my all time highest of 237 lbs. And I am only 5'2. She put me on the weight loss pill Addipex. I started losing weight like crazy. I have started working out at the gym 3 days a week and now I feel like I'm not losing anymore weight since I've started working out....why is this?

Alysa505

Asked by Alysa505 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Health

• maybe your gaining muscle. The first couple weeks I did mostly cardio and lost a lot more weight and then when i added resistance training i stopped loosing like 4 a week but that also includes my water weight. You loose that first too
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well I am down to 216 and have lost a pant size. I guess I am a true american and want fast results lol. I am trying to keep a positive attitude about this. I am very determined to get this weight off. I was always a petite girl until I had kids ofcourse and just didnt care about getting the weight off till now
    Alysa505

Comment by Alysa505 (original poster) at 8:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I agree with Smiley, your probably toning up now and muscle weighs more than fat. Good job and keep it up. Never heard of that pill tho.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• do you switch up your exercise routine differently? sometimes your body adjusts to the same old exercise routine and is stuck where its at.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• It is the best pill ever...however I have been told, if you don't change your eating habbits and workout you will gain everything back and then some once you stop taking it. And you can only take it for like 3 months at a time.
    Alysa505

Comment by Alysa505 (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Well I just started going to the fitness center at my college about 3 weeks ago. I do the treadmill for half an hour and get my heart rate up to around 150 and usually do a lil over a mile. Then I do ab crunches, leg crunches and several other toning activities. Should i be do more cardio to lose wheight and not worry about anything else right now? I don't want big muscles I just want to be thin and healthy again.
    Alysa505

Comment by Alysa505 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i was on it for 2 months and lost 27 pounds it will go like crazy at first then slow down then start losing again GL i still have about 10 more to go to be happy but i can do that on my own
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• well im not entirely sure...you sound like you have a plan starting though. so yeah, but maybe also consider that you could try doing nothing but exercises one day, treadmill, bicycle, walking, the stair machine and whatever else is available (not toning anything this day). and the next day do nothing but toning and the next day exercises and so on. so every other day your doing something different and taking your heat rate up higher might help too. if you feel like you didnt get anything done with the toning days...maybe you could do like swimming at the end of that.

its up to you how you want to go about it.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• One of the things that I did to lose weight was that I had an active lifestyle. I put myself on a health schedule. I would wake up early in the mourning and go for a 3 mile run. I would come home and watch fit tv and do the gallad workout, shimmy, yoga. each of those 30 minutes long. And then I would do my own lil excercises. I just always was moving. I drink no soft drinks. Get rid of them. They are so bad for you. I ate at least one salad a day lots of veggies and fruits. And no sweets hardly at all. Your body will get sugar that it needs from other food. So cut out the junk food completely. You dont have to watch calories or carbs just eat right. And eat 7 to 8 lil meals a day to get your metaolism up. The gym is good. You need protein if you work out intensive like i did. I was training for the marine corps though. If you need anymore tips just message me.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I do drink diet soda but not much at all maybe 2 or 3 a week. I eat NO sweets and I do eat a lot of fruits and veggies. We also eat only wheat pastas and breads......And between two children, the gym, cleaning, and walking across campus everyday I would say I'm pretty active lol
    Alysa505

Comment by Alysa505 (original poster) at 9:44 AM on Sep. 23, 2010