• In the Spotlight:

Testicle surgery.... (serious question)

Anyone else have a son that has to have or has had surgery on one of their testicles? My son goes in Thursday and I'm a nervous wreck... lookin for someone whos been there before, just trying to find out what to expect.

Shonejrsmommy

Asked by Shonejrsmommy at 12:05 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is undecended?
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:08 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My friends son had surgery for an undescended testicle and was just fine.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Does he have an undescended testicle or a Hydrocele or what? I've had several kids requiring surgical intervention of different kinds. It is scary anytime they tell you thats what they need to do. Usually the surgeons and their teams are great with the kids because thats what they do everyday. Depewnding on how and what they are doing he will have some discomfort afterwards. Talk to your Dr and you anethesiologist about ANY concerns you have. Make sure they know of any allergies he has.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:12 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• They said that it twisted in Utero and will never descend or anything. That it will never work and if they do not remove it there is a chance that it can become malignant and if they dont stich the other one to the wall of the sac that there is a 50/50 chance of that one twisting as well and causing him to become sterile. :-(
    Shonejrsmommy

Answer by Shonejrsmommy at 12:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have no experience with this nor any advice to give, but I just wanted to let you know that your son (and you, as well!) will be in my thoughts & prayers!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:38 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Take it from a mom who's child needed life-saving surgery- Your babe will be ok. Time and fear are two things you'll have to deal with rite now. He will never remember, you will never forget. Good luck, he'll be ok.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 1:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I wish you the best. One of my boys might have to have the surgery too. It is hard to believe that someone so young would have to go through surgery already!
    kristyrea

Answer by kristyrea at 1:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• So If I'm reading you correctly he has a chronic torsed spermactic cord? Wow, that is dangerous and needs to be removed as soon as possible. It is actually more dangerous not to remove it than to have it removed.
    Kids are resiliant. What he needs is a calm Mommy to hold him before he goes in and a calm Mommy when he wakes up. I wioll keep you both close in thought.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Just an update... surgery is at 6:15am the 23rd. Wish me luck. I cant sleep... I'm worried and nervous... bah... I'll update on how everything goes. Thanks for the support.
    Shonejrsmommy

Answer by Shonejrsmommy at 10:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2008

• Just wanted to update and say all went well.
    Shonejrsmommy

Answer by Shonejrsmommy at 2:53 PM on Oct. 23, 2008