Is this normal?

My 8yrold nephew is always walking around the house in high heels. When he comes to my house he even wears my daughter purse and pretends hes "going to work" Is it normal for a boy at this age to have such a huge interest in womens things? If he is gay i would still love him 100%! Is he too young to tell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Hard to say. Maybe he does this because his mom works or something. Usually by 8, boys and girls tend to start showing their gender differences. However, I played He-man and GI Joe with my brother and his friends and I am not gay. I think time will tell. Maybe ask him if he is imitating someone, like a teacher or a family member. You might be surprised at the imagination an 8 year old can have.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think it is normal, he is just playing I mean come on he is 8 years old, you obviously care or you would not be asking if he is too young to tell, He obviously just loves his mommy and wants to be like her because he loves her IMO
    Anonymous

• I would let him be...he might be just going threw a fase..Then he might not be..Not all boys are hard core boys some are sisyboys

Answer by louise2 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• He started this "phase at 3yrs old". It does not bother me I am just asking b/c I dont have a son and I am curious. He started at four wearing girls head bands and telling ppl that he was a princess. His mom is not a girl girl either. She is a complete tomboy.
    Anonymous