• In the Spotlight:

Not urgent, but could use some advice.

Ok, we had our ultrasound and the wee bairn [baby] wouldn't "flash" us lol, but the doc said, she could almost say it was a girl, was "pretty sure" but not 100%, should I go ahead, tell family it's a lass or just say "we weren't too sure"....Help!!!
-Thanks.

DirtBikerMomma9

Asked by DirtBikerMomma9 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Did he give you a copy of the ultrasound picture with the "part" showing?
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:26 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I would tell them the doctor said it might be a girl. Other things that come into play is the heartbeat which I believe in the heart rate is over 150 or around that it's a girl. Girl's usually have faster heart beats for some reason from what my doctor told me and low and behold she is going on four in november. Hope its what the doctor said best wishes..
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• most people that have girls their hips get wide and the baby sits lower and ur butt gets bigger,
    Anonymous

• A MrsMorton080508,
    the heart beat was really fast, I think I seen that on a wive's tail quiz too. [lol]. Thanks guys, I'm going to tell fam it's a girl, but we're not too sure...hopefully if they get me girl things at my shower i have receipts, JUST incase! LOL. I can't imagine a little boy in his pink jumper! =o

My doc says, she only does ultrasounds if needed. :(
    DirtBikerMomma9

Answer by DirtBikerMomma9 at 12:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i wouldnt tell them unless u r sure cos they will go n bye pink clothes n then it will turn out a boy lol u could go back to the hospital and find out another day
    liea230

Answer by liea230 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• keep receipts for everything you buy thats girly, just in case. and have a boy and a girl name picked out
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• tell them not sure cause he could still develop his "package late" and you will be in for a return gift spree!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:58 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I will say that the heart rate thing is not true our little girl's heart rate is 132!
    SarahMerritt_22

Answer by SarahMerritt_22 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I wouldn't go buy pink yet...Ask your obgyn if you can have an additional ultrasound to see gender. You can also pay out of pocket for a 3d or 4d scan on your own to get a clearer picture.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:37 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Here in Okc. area there are a few differnent places that you can go that will do ultrasounds for you. My Dr. was going to wait until 23 weeks to do the US and I just couldn't wait anylonger (19 weeks), so I went to a place called "Anticipation". They were very reasonably priced and I got the US on DVD and several pics. You might try a google search...
    kristyrea

Answer by kristyrea at 1:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008