Who else has OCD and what is your malfunction?

I have OCD, emphasis on the O! I guess you can say I'm a compulsive obsessor. OCD runs in my family. I have some sisters that are clean freaks, I have another one that has to do things in 2s, like volume control, she literally cannot turn the volume up 1 notch. I have a brother who can't wash his clothes in anything other than hot water and he has to use more than the recommended amount of soap. I have another sister who is a compulsive shopper. It's weird, because we all have the same mother, but my younger sister and I have a different father from the rest of the clan. My mother suffers from depression, which many of us also have, but I don't see OCD with her.

JGRIMMER

Asked by JGRIMMER at 9:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i am always washing my hands... i think it mostly comes from me being a medical professional but i always wash my hands and i have turned my dd into a compulsive hand washer too... germs and parasites freak me out
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have mild OCD issues, mainly involving counting , cleaning, and making sure things are PERFECTLY aligned. I deal with it now by allowing it only ONE DAY A MONTH to have its run. otherwise i put it in the back of my mind and refuse to give it power over me
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:03 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Ok yeah I am ocd. It is bad. I eat things in twos. Lol funny that I am eating for 2. I am about to begin my 3rd trimester. yay. But I can not stand for there to be any dirt in the house. I hate that clothes are on the floor and need to be washed eventhough they are only 2 shirts 2 pants. what me and dustin wore yesterday. I just want to have a very clean house and I cant stand it. O and the volume control has to be an even number. And when I eat, I have to eat an even amount of like oreo cookies. i think that is it for now.
    courtneyrogers

Answer by courtneyrogers at 9:07 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have to have everything perfectly aligned, I can not handle anyone leaving a cabinet door open and the toilet paper has to be over not under, hehehe!
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I cannot stand things being "out of place". I am a compulsive cleaner, I can't stand it if things are not tidy.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I think everyone has some form of OCD.
    The door to the bedroom has to be cracked the "right" way.
    If I'm burning candles, there has to be at least two of them lit at the same time.
    The grocery cart has to be arranged a certain way and the groceries need to go onto the belt in a certain order.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:28 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am a clean freak but now with two boys I have had to realize that my house is never going to be "perfect" again. I still have my moments where I have an "emotional breakdown" because I feel that things have gotten too overwhelming. Then I take a Saturday and clean like crazy so that I feel better. I work full time outside the home, so it's hard to keep things "perfect". There's just not enough time in the day.

And I eat things in pairs too; I saw someone else post that. For example: I eat two red mm's together, etc... LOL Weird when I think about it, but it just doesn't taste as good if I don't do it that way. :)
    PmhTaylor

Answer by PmhTaylor at 9:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have to have the volume on increments of 5.

I have to use college ruled paper when I write, and the paper has to be fresh and crisp. If it has marks on it or folds/wrinkles I don't use it, and if I end up erasing at the very beginning I start all over on a fresh sheet.

I eat skittles in order by color (eat all of one color before moving on to the next), in twos - green, purple, red, orange, but not the yellow, lol.

Things have a specific place, and I end up doing all the cleaning because DH can never seem to remember what goes where...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am ocd. Everything does have to be aligned. I took off my cabinet doors because hubby and kids just couldn't remeber to close them and that was controling my life so I just took them off and no more worries. Everything in my home has a place and should stay there. If things are takin out and not put back I do have a habit of getting angry.

Most things that deal with numbers have to be even numbers. My biggest prob right now, is my husband took off the hubcap on one of my tires to change the tire...it never got put back on and I can't get it on myself.....SO IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!
    Alysa505

Answer by Alysa505 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I have OCD too. I have a compulsion to keep the kitchen clean. mainly the counters. It used to be the whole house but I have learned how to narrow it down. I can't stand dishes in the sink or on the counter. If a drawer is open in my dresser or my DH leaves the closet door open even a crack. I can't sleep. I also have anxiety ,I think that was brought on by the OCD
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 23, 2010