How do I keep my 3 year old in her bed at night

My 3 year old will come into our room 3+ times a night, usually starting around 11:30. She has many excuses, potty, drink, anything that she can think of. Any suggestions on how to keep her in her bed. I really don't like the idea of closing the door and locking her in there, I think that might be to traumatic. We have tried charts and rewards, threats, nothing seems to work.

littleluthens

Asked by littleluthens at 12:40 PM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Put a baby gate up. How long has she been in a regular/toddler bed??? My dd has been in her toddler bed/regular bed since she was about 16 months old. She tried climbing out once and i was done. She is really good bout staying in her bed. When she was younger it was harder but she has learned that its easier to stay in bed and got to sleep then fighting with dad and getting all worked up. Any how back to your dd the only thing i can think of is the baby gate. So she is trapped in there but not really like shutting the door and locking it. best of luck.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 12:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• We put a baby gate up on our sons doorway. That way the door is still open, but he can't roam freely. Honestly though, it doesn't stop him from getting up and going to the door. He stil calls us to his room 3+ times a night. My daughter went through this too and we were able to break her of it right before she turned 4 with a reward chart. Unfortunately my son only turned 3 acouple months ago and he's definitley not ready, even though we are. I wish you luck and just thought that I would suggest a baby gate.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 20, 2008