Where in the Bible does it say about Satan attacking people who are seeking God?

I can't find it anywhere!

It might be demons or some other evil, but I know that when we draw close to God, the evil one focuses on us and "hits" us harder....I just can't find scriptures on it....

Can anyone help, Please ?

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 9:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that in order to get to your question you must read the Bible from the beginning starting from the story of Adam and Eve and the snake. I don't know what else to say.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 9:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you

is this what you're looking for? also, the serpent went after eve, and read the book of Job
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• oh yeah and read Revelations
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Armywife43, not quite what I was looking for....but it might be in Job, so I'll have my morning coffee while I read thru that book - Thank You :)
    Nynne

Comment by Nynne (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• And Rev. has been added to my morning coffee reading - Thank you again, Armywife43 :)
    Nynne

Comment by Nynne (original poster) at 9:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• You won't find what your looking for because it's not in the Bible. It's part of the oral tradition surrounding the bible and with verses that are suggestive and vague. The stories of the Devil, Satan , etc fill in the gaps left by those suggestive verses. The same thing can be seen with the book of Revelations with all the theories of the interpretations of prophecy.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:10 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• 1 Peter 5:8-11
    Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:50 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Nynne: Job is a good book... also Jesus said Satan had asked him to sift Peter like wheat. God will allow things to build our character however.. we need not to expect things to get worse when we get closer to God. We are actually overcomers in Christ and when you live in the Kingdom Reality .. Satan may attack but it will have no affect on you because he cannot touch those that are His. that is why Job was never killed... God would not allow it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I agree with -armywife43!The devil is after everybody but the Christians who are trying hard to get close to God,he tries to distract and lead away because THEY ARE THE ONES who are going to make a DIFFERENCE
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• For God's kingdom and HE'S AFRAID OF THAT!!Our adversary the devil,roams around like a lion,seeking TO DEVOUR the unaware.1st Peter 5;8-11.Now how does the devil devour us?Well we have our job to do as Christians,we are supposed to pray and stay out of sin and when we don't do that ,we become spiritually weak,this is where the devil comes in and decieves us and how we get devoured.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2010