Does anyone else not like the way kids and some adults speak in "text language"?

ima chill wit ma frind u wnt 2 cum?

I know it's quicker and faster, but to me it looks just plain ignorant. Half the stuff on the teens facebook you can't even understand what they are saying. Is it encouraging bad grammar and spelling for our teens? And if it's just to save space, why are they doing it with sentences that don't take up space? How much time are they really saving? It only took me 12 seconds to type all this up to here! (I am not including, lol,lmao, and omg in this :) even though people can go overboard on those too! I was doing interviews and saw OMG and LOL on a few job apps, didn't answer those apps.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I find it very annoying. I actually type everything on texts (no abbreviations, etc).
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:14 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• The text talking doesn't bother me, but the fact that you saw "omg" or "lol" on job applications is amazing to me!!! Now, that is ignorance!!
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 9:16 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I hate that kind of language. First I barely understand it and second is really, really annoying.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 9:18 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yep, no joke. On a job app. I type everything on texts too!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:19 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Actually it doesn't bother me at all...
    kld1979

Answer by kld1979 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I do, too. I insist on spelling everything out in texts, unless I run out of room.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I tend to shorten the words to,too and two and for with numbers when texting as it saves time, but I would never spell come cum etc. I don't think these misspellings are so much text as the are ghetto. Just my op.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:58 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i use good old fashioned abbrev..... works for me
    Marinemom03

Answer by Marinemom03 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010